Do I need to go to the polls on Election Day to vote?
- No. Any registered voter may cast an “absentee” ballot instead of voting in person at the polling place.
What is “absentee” voting and how does it work?
- You do not need to have a specific reason or be unable to vote at the polls on election day to use an absentee ballot.
- Click here to request your absentee ballot.
- When it arrives, make sure to fill it out, sign the back of the envelope, and return it.
- You can mail your ballot or use a ballot drop box if your town has one. Explore this map to find your nearest ballot drop box location.
- No matter how you return your ballot, it must be received by your municipal clerk by 8:00 PM on Election Day.